2. FOR YOUR SIBLINGS: The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney
This book follows four wealthy siblings fighting over "The Nest"-- an account with a significant amount of money to be split amongst them once the youngest turned 40. Right before this happens, Leo, the oldest and least responsible, gets in an accident that rocks The Nest and the siblings' relationship.3.FOR THE PERSON TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE MEANING OF LIFE: When Breath Becomes Air by Paul KalanithiPaul Kalanithi was a neurosurgeon and only 37 when he passed away from lung cancer. He devoted that last year of his life to writing this memoir. A touching, heartbreaking and most "powerful tale of living with death" knocking at your door.
4. FOR THE "COOL" NERD: The Caped Crusade: Batman and the Rise of Nerd Culture by Glen Weldon
An extensive look into the history of Batman from Glen Weldon, a panelist on NPR's "Pop Culture Happy Hour" podcast.
5. FOR YOUR FAVORITE DEBATE PARTNER: The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds by Michael Lewis
For the person you respectfully disagreed with all of 2016.
6. FOR YOUR OFFICE BEST FRIEND: 100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings, How to get by without even trying
A somewhat satirical analysis of corporate America.
7. FOR THE INTROSPECTIVE THINKER: The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben
A fascinating look into how trees communicate and survive in the woods.
8. FOR THE PERSON SUFFERING FROM WANDERLUST: Atlas Obscura: An Explorer's Guide to the World's Hidden WondersPerfect for someone who's well traveled and seems to have already been just about everywhere.
9. FOR THE PERSON ALWAYS ASKING YOU TO WATCH A WES ANDERSON MOVIE: Wes Anderson Collection: Bad Dads: Art Inspired by the Films of Wes Anderson
There's one in every group.
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved