UPDATE: Electrical failure caused Roanoke County house fire

Headline Goes Here Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved

ROANOKE COUNTY (WSLS 10) - Electrical failure caused a house fire in Roanoke County on Monday afternoon.

The fire in the 4500 block of Cresthill Drive was caused by an electrical wiring failure in the basement, according to the county's department of fire and rescue.

Roanoke County Fire & Rescue crews responded to a house fire at about 3 p.m. on Monday in the 4500 block of Cresthill Drive.

When crews arrived, they reported smoke coming from a single-story brick house.

It took firefighters from the Cave Spring, Clearbrook, and Back Creek stations less than 30 minutes to get the fire under control.

Although the fire was contained to the basement, there is significant smoke damage throughout the home.

The fire caused about $15,000 worth of damage.

The family will not be able to stay in the home on Monday night, but does have family in the area who they can stay with.

Everyone evacuated the home safely and there were no injuries.

Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved