Danville Fire Department reminding people about ladder safety after three people shocked

By Colter Anstaett - Southside Bureau Reporter

DANVILLE (WSLS 10) - The Danville Fire Department is warning about the dangers of using a ladder after three people were shocked over the weekend.

The three were working on the outside of a home on N. Main Street on Saturday when their aluminum ladder hit the power lines connected to the house.

Two of the three people had to be revived by emergency responders, the third person was conscious when firefighters arrived.

The fire department said this weekend's incident serves as a timely reminder about staying safe while working outdoors, as many people will likely be out this time of year cleaning leaves out of their gutters and doing various other work on and around their homes.

"Steer clear of [power lines]. Don't get within maybe 5 feet at the very least, maybe further," said Battalion Chief Brian Alderson. "Another big problem people have is falls. Most companies don't recommend going over the top three rungs."

All three people are recovering at the hospital.

Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved