Guests return to rooms after Holiday Inn evacuated for room fire

Crews responded at 9:15 p.m.

By Jeff Williamson - Digital Content Manager

ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. - The Holiday Inn near the Tanglewood Mall was evacuated after a room fire on Friday night.

Multiple fire trucks responded to the hotel.

VIEW MORE PHOTOS FROM THE SCENE

The call about a second-floor room fire came in at 9:15 p.m., according to Jennifer Conley Sexton with Roanoke County Fire & Rescue.

Sexton said an employee was checked for smoke inhalation but didn't want to be transported to the hospital.

Although there was no visible fire, there was a lot of smoke from the HVAC unit in the room.

The people who were staying in the room are okay.

A second patient was checked for an ankle injury, but also did not want to be transported to the hospital.

After tests showed safe levels of carbon monoxide, guests were able to return to their rooms.

Copyright 2017 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.