Source: King County Public Health
1-3/4 cups low-fat or fat-free milk
3/4 cup flour
1 egg white
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, divided
Nonfat cooking spray
1 (8-ounce) container of low-fat or fat-free banana or vanilla yogurt
1 banana, diced
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fresh mint sprigs, optional
Powdered sugar, optional
- Whisk together milk, flour, egg, egg whites, and 1 tablespoon of honey in a medium bowl. Allow batter to rest 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet; quickly tilt and swirl batter to coat bottom of skillet.
- When crêpe is lightly browned at edges, use a thin spatula to loosen and turn over. Cook turned crêpe about 20 seconds or until lightly browned; slide onto plate to cool.
- Continue making crêpes with remaining batter. To prevent sticking, place a piece of wax paper between each crêpe.
- Purée yogurt, vanilla, and remaining honey in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add diced banana. Spread each crêpe with about 2-1/2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture. Roll crêpes into cylinders.
- Place 2 crêpes on each serving plate and garnish with mint sprigs or sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes 6 servings