Wilmington agency puts out casting call in anticipation for 'Iro - WSLS 10 NBC in Roanoke/Lynchburg Va

Wilmington agency puts out casting call in anticipation for 'Iron Man 3' shoot

Posted:
By Jake Seaton

While a company has not reportedly been hired to handle the casting of extras for "Iron Man 3," one Wilmington-based agency is offering the opportunity to toss your name in their hat.

Premier Casting announced Sunday that it is "gearing up for productions that are coming to town" and is looking for people of "all ages, all shapes and sizes, all ethnicity, kids adults, males and females."

The agency, however, says that it is only looking to "fill our database with as many people as possible."

"We would like to let everyone know that no one, or company, has yet been hired to handle the background for 'Iron Man 3," Premier Casting said.

Premier Casting says the "Iron Man 3" production will utilize about 1,000 extras during filming and more than 550 crew jobs between May 2012 and January 2013.

The agency also reports a Memorial Day weekend release in 2013 for the flick.

Pre-production has already begun, with production said to start a month after the release of Marvel Studios' highly anticipated comic book hero collaboration film "The Avengers" in May 2012.

Aaron Syrett, director of the North Carolina Film Office, said that while the film's production will be based in Wilmington, Marvel Studios may look at other sites in the State. Syrett said Charlotte and Raleigh are possibilities, and scouting will continue in the coming weeks.

Syrett said "Iron Man 3" will be "the largest production to shoot in North Carolina."

"The state's film office now has the tools in place to once again bring North Carolina to the forefront of the film industry thanks to one of the smartest incentives in the business passed by our Governor and legislature," Syrett said.

EUE/Screen Gems co-owner Chris Cooney added, "This film is a game changer -- not only for our studios, but for the entire state of North Carolina."

The "Iron Man 3" announcement continues a big year for North Carolina when it comes to film production. As of Sept. 10, 29 productions had set up offices in the state with an estimated impact of more than $200 million, according to the governor's office.

"2011 has been North Carolina's busiest year in the film industry with productions having a direct spend of over $200 million," Perdue said. "Iron Man 3' will add to this record breaking year and carry over into 2012."

The first two "Iron Man" films were primarily shot in Southern California.

At New York Comic-Con earlier this month, "The Avengers" producer Kevin Feige said "Iron Man 3" will be "the first of what we refer to Phase Two of this Avengers Assemble talk, which will lead to an 'Avengers 2."

Feige went so far as to say a teaser for "Iron Man 3" will be attached to the credits for "The Avengers."

"It's a nice tradition, and I like traditions, so I think we'll keep that up," Feige said.

Shane Black will take over directorial duties from Jon Favreau, who helmed the first two "Iron Man" films. Black's credits include 2005's "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang," which also starred Downey.

Powered by WorldNow

WSLS 10, P.O. Box 10
Roanoke, VA 24022-0010

Telephone: 540.981.9110
Fax: 540.343.3157
Email: news@wsls.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.