Coctel de Camerones
1 lb cooked 36-40 Peeled and Deveined Shrimp, tail off
1/3 c. diced Spanish Onions
¼ c. Fresh lime juice
2 diced Roma Tomatoes
1 diced seedless Cucumber
1 diced rib Celery
1 diced Jalapeño Pepper
1 .5 c. Clamato Tomato Juice
1 c. Heinz Ketchup
2 tblsp. Valencia Hot Sauce
6 oz room temperature Fanta Orange Juice
2 Mexican Avocados Diced
1 Bunch Cilantro Chopped
2 tsp. Kosher Salt
2 tsp. Fine Ground Black Pepper
Mix all ingredients lovingly, save the Avocados, and refrigerate. Add diced Avocados at service time, Garnish with wedges of Green Lemons and serve with Saltine Crackers.
Per serving: 260 calories; 10 g fat ( 1 g sat , 5 g mono ); 230 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 31 g protein; 5 g fiber; 658 mg sodium; 1025 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (80% daily value), Potassium (29% dv), Vitamin A (28% dv), Iron (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
Mama Litalia's Blood Orange Cheesecake
• 1 1/4 cups butter cookie crumbs
• 1/4 cup toasted pinenuts, toasted and ground
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 1/2 cups Ricotta Cheese
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 5 eggs
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoon blood orange zest
• 1/3 cup blood orange juice
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon blood orange zest
• 2 tablespoons blood orange juice
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• Preheat oven to 350°; grease a 9-inch spring form pan with 3 inch sides.
• Make the crust: in a bowl, combine cookie crumbs, pecans, and butter; press mixture into bottom of cheesecake pan and freeze.
• Filling: In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, and sugar on med-high speed for 3 minutes.
• Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
• Mix in flour, blood orange juice, zest, nutmeg, and vanilla; pour over frozen crust.
• Bake for 45-55 minutes or until top is light brown and the center has a slight jiggle to it.
• Cool on the counter for 10 minutes (do not turn the oven off); the cake will sink slightly.
• Topping: in a bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar, zest, juice, and vanilla; pour mixture into center of cooled cake and spread out to edges.
• Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before decorating or serving.
• Decoration: do this just before ready to serve--in a well-chilled bowl, whip cream on med-high speed until soft peaks form.
• With the mixer still running, sprinkle sugar into cream and continue whipping until firm peaks form.
• Ice top of cake with whipped cream or piped rosettes around top of cake; sprinkle with zest; serve immediately
Amount per Serving
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 32g 49%
Saturated Fat 17g 85%
Cholesterol 155mg 52%
Sodium 350mg 15%
Potassium 180mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 45g 15%
Dietary Fiber less than 1g 2%
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.