Roanoke Fire-EMS responded
to a fire in the 500 block of McDowell Ave. Sunday just after 4:30 p.m.
When crews arrived they found light smoke coming from the
attic. Crews made entry into the attic. The fire was found to be electrical and had
damaged a ceiling joist. Firefighters
put the fire out with two water fire extinguishers.
Two people were in the house when the fire started. They escaped without injuries. The cause of the fire was electrical and damage estimates are approximately $5,000.
16 Roanoke Fire-EMS personnel responded to the scene.