Q: Who should get tested for Hepatitis C?
The Drop-In Center in Roanoke will begin offering Hepatitis C testing and counseling on Monday April15th, which caused me to take a look at who should get tested for Hepatitis C.
Here are the criteria for testing:
· BABY BOOMERS - anyone born between 1945 and 1965
· Anyone who has received donated blood or organs before 1992
· Anyone who has injected drugs, even if it was just once or many years ago
· Anyone who has certain medical conditions including chronic liver disease and HIV or AIDS
· Anyone who has had multiple sexual partners or a history of sexually transmitted diseases
· Anyone with a history of getting tattoos or body piercings in unlicensed facilities or with non-sterile instruments
The center is a part of the Council of Community Services in Roanoke and partners with the Virginia Department of Health.
For more information call 540-982-2437.