Roanoke City news release
The City Treasurer's Office reminds citizens that the deadline for payment of 2013 personal property taxes is Friday, May 31, by 5 p.m. There are several methods for making property tax payments:
• In person, at the Noel C. Taylor Municipal Building, 215 Church Ave., Room 254.
• By mail, at P.O. Box 1451, Roanoke, VA 24007.
• By credit card, by calling 1-800-272-9829 (Jurisdiction Code 1006).
• By e-check on the city's website at www.roanokeva.gov/payments.
• At one of three drop boxes in the city: Church Avenue in front of the Municipal Building; Jackson Park Library, 1101 Morningside St.; or Williamson Road Library, 3837 Williamson Road.
Tax bills have been mailed insofar as possible. However, failure to receive a bill does not relieve the taxpayer of any additional penalties or interest that will accrue by law for failure to pay the personal property tax bill on time.
For more information, contact the City Treasurer's Office at 853-2561 or by email at email@example.com.