Short Bread Cookies
3/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. With electric mixer, mix together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until they are just combined. Add the vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture.
4. Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
* For today's segment, I used the cookie bar method. Served in a fancy dish with ice cream and strawberries. (Lindee Katdare, www.thelindeetree.com)