Roanoke fire blamed on dryer - WSLS 10 NBC in Roanoke/Lynchburg Va

Roanoke fire blamed on dryer

Posted: Updated:

Roanoke Fire-EMS crews responded to a dryer on fire at Sunday afternoon at Skyline Cleaners in the 3300 block of Brandon Avenue.

The call was received in the E-911 Center at 4:33 p.m. and was under control at 4:46 p.m. 26 personnel responded.

When crews arrived they found heavy smoke inside. A fire had started in a dryer and had extended to the wall and attic. Five people were in the building when the fire started and they escaped without injuries.

The fire was accidental and caused approximately $12,000 in damage.

Powered by WorldNow

WSLS 10, P.O. Box 10
Roanoke, VA 24022-0010

Telephone: 540.981.9110
Fax: 540.343.3157

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.