Pan Roasted Yellowtail Snapper with Charred Peach-Vidallia Onion Escabeche by Chef Tom Triantafilles at Metro!
2 8 oz. pieces snapper
Salt & Pepper
2 cups sliced peaches
2 cups sliced Vidalia onions
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs hot sauce
2 tbs chopped tomatoes
Juice of 2 limes
1 tbs minced garlic
1 tbs chopped parsley
1 tbs chopped fresh shiso leaf (if not available, substitute 1 tsp ground cumin)
4 oz white wine
2 tbs cold butter
1. Season the fish with salt and pepper and cook 90% on the skin side in a medium heat pan.
2. Meanwhile, char your peaches and onions on a grill, then add to a saute pan with some olive oil.
3. Add the hot sauce, tomatoes, lime juice, and garlic and cook for a few minutes until the water from the tomatoes has evaporated.
4. Add the parsley and shiso, then add the white wine and reduce by half.
5. Finish with cold butter and stir it in to emulsify the butter to make a nice pan sauce.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.