Water Cress Salad with House Cured Dill Salmon Gravlax, Smoked Vidalia Onion-Local Peach Vinaigrette, "Everything Bagel" Chips
Chef Tom Triantafilles from Metro!
• 1 whole side of salmon
• 1 cup kosher salt
• 1 cup curing salt
• 2 cups sugar
• 3 cups chopped fresh dill
1. Mix together the salts, sugar, and dill. Liberally rub both sides of the salmon.
2. Place the salmon on a resting rack with a drip tray underneath and refrigerate for 1 week, flipping the salmon over once every day (as the salmon sits, it will release liquid, you want the liquid to fall through the rack and into the drip pan).
3. Pull the salmon out and slice it into thin strips. The salmon will keep for one week in the fridge.
Smoked Vidalia Onion-Peach Vinaigrette:
• 2 white peaches, smoked
• 1 Vidalia onion, smoked
• 1 cup red wine vinegar
• 4 tbs honey
• 2 cups canola oil
• If you don't have a smoker, you can add 1 tbs of liquid smoke to give it that smokey flavor.
1. Combine everything but the oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. With the motor still running, slowly pour in the oil.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Water Cress Salad:
• 1 bu. water cress
• 3 slices of the dill cured salmon
• 1 tbs vinaigrette mixed with 1 tbs yogurt
• olive oil
• 2 slices of bagel chips
1. Arrange the salmon in the middle of a plate.
2. Spoon the yogurt-peach mix on the salmon
3. drizzle some olive oil over the salmon.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix together the water cress with some of the vinaigrette and bagel chips.
5. Place the salad on top of the salmon.