Zucchini and Squash Au Gratin from Amy Carter at Sarah's Place
2 Tbsp butter
1 large zucchini
1 large squash
2 medium shallots, minced
1 tsp garlic ( fresh or jar )
1/2 c heavy cream
shredded cheese, just a handful to sprinkle
salt and pepper to taste
sprinkle of oregano
parmesan cheese, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
2. In a large skillet saute your shallots and garlic in your butter. Cook until shallots are translucent.
3. Add your zucchini, squash and heavy cream. Add your salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
4. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
5. Transfer to an oven safe baking dish and sprinkle with a little more parmesan and your shredded cheese.
6. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and golden brown on top.
Sarah's Place is inside the Patrick Henry Hotel on S. Jefferson Street. (540) 562-8965