Roanoke City Fire-EMS issued the following information on the Breckenridge gas leak:
The second gas leak was in the 3900 block of Williamson Rd. at Breckenridge Middle School. The call was received from the E-911 Center at approximately 8:53am and the last unit cleared at 9:43am.
Students were allowed back inside the building - no injuries were reported.
A spokesperson for Roanoke City Schools says the Fire and EMS responded immediately, not 20 minutes after the evacuation as listed below.
Earlier this morning James Breckenridge Middle School was evacuated after someone within the school reported a smell of gas.
Officials evacuated the building as a safety precaution.
Fire-EMS arrived on scene approximately 20 minutes after the evacuation.
The department cleared the building in less than a half hour.
Students have returned to the building and class is now in session.