Chocolate Delice - Bobby Amaral, Carlos Brazilian International Cuisine
- 5fl oz my essentials full-fat
- 11½fl oz Food Lion heavy cream
- 2 my essentials eggs
- 12oz good-quality dark chocolate, minimum 60 per cent cocoa solids, roughly chopped
- For the delice, heat the
milk and cream in a saucepan and heat gently over a medium heat until it
just reaches boiling point.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a
- As the milk and cream mixture
comes to the boil, pour it over the eggs, then whisk the mixture
constantly until smooth and thick.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate and
whisk again until the chocolate has melted and the custard is smooth.
- Remove the base from the fridge
and pour in the chocolate delice to fill the mold. Gently tap the sides of
the mold to release any trapped air bubbles, then smooth the surface using
a palette knife. Chill in the fridge for 6-12 hours, or until completely