BEDFORD COUNTY, VA -
Bedford County deputies and Virginia State Police Agents made multiple arrests in the county during the past week, as part of an ongoing investigation into illegal drugs.
According to the sheriff's office, officers arrested 16 suspects this past Friday, December 13th:
- Bryan Eugene Howell: Distribution of meth (2 charges), manufacturing meth
- Samuel Levi Mason: Possession of meth, manufacturing meth
- Wanda Gail Mason: Possession of meth, manufacturing meth
- Patrick Kelly Fitzgerald: Distribution of marijuana (2 charges)
- Cassie Lawhorne Begley: Distribution of a Schedule III narcotic (2 charges), Distribution of a Schedule IV narcotic
- Quen Barrett Hodges: Distribution of a Schedule II narcotic (2 charges)
- Frederick Jaral Staples: Distribution of crack cocaine (3 charges)
- Ian Woodruff: Distribution of cocaine
- Nathan Willis: Distribution of Schedule II narcotic
- Jeffrey Daniel Updike: Distribution of crack cocaine
- Dustin Paul Maner: Possession of marijuana
- Kenneth Wayne Pollard Jr.: Possession of marijuana
- Coty D. Campbell: Possession of a Schedule II narcotic, Possession with the intent to distribute marijuana
- John David Maddox: Distribution of marijuana, possession of cocaine
- Sydney L. Seager: Conspiracy to distribute marijuana
- Forrest E. Elliot: Possession with the intent to distribute marijuana
Still wanted in connection with the case are:
- Damien Laniear Anderson: Distribution of cocaine, and known gang member
- Eric Eugene Burley: Distribution of Schedule III narcotic
- Sidney Puckette: Possession of marijuana
Investigators added there are charges pending in additional drug cases, but did not name suspects.
In addition to the drug case investigations, deputies made arrests in a burglary ring that focused on homes in Southern Bedford County, between Vinton and Moneta. Officers believe the items stolen during the break-ins, were sold for money to buy heroin.
The break-ins took place in January, August, and between September & October according to deputies.
Charged in connection with the burglary ring are:
- Jason Tyler Hall: Burglary (4 charges), grand larceny (5 charges), larceny of a credit card, credit card fraud (4 charges), possession of a firearm by a felon (4 charges)
- Leigha Bragg Hall: Burglary, grand larceny (2 charges), larceny of a credit card, credit card fraud (4 charges)
- Brandon Bowden: Burglary (2 charges), grand larceny (2 charges), possession of a firearm by a felon
- Unnamed juvenile: Breaking & entering, grand larceny