Hillsville, VA -
The Virginia Department of Emergency Management’s HAZMAT unit performed an extensive investigation of our facilities yesterday and this morning.
VDEM told Virginia Produce that they believe several employees were potentially exposed to elevated levels of carbon monoxide.
However, at this point no one knows the cause of the potential exposure and from all indications the exposure was not something that could have been foreseen.
All employees were evacuated from our building immediately when the company learned about the issue.
Virginia Produce says three employees remain at Duke Medical Center in “satisfactory condition” and all other employees have been released from local hospitals.