(CNN) - Apparently Steven Tyler aging backward gives people the feels.
The 69-year-old rocker appeared in a Kia commercial that aired during the Super Bowl.
- Kia's compact sedan gets complete redesign
- Kia Niro EV shoots for 200-plus-mile range
- Hyundai, Kia recall 500K compact cars
- 'Tipsy' Kevin Hart mocked for Super Bowl antics
- Why this year's Super Bowl ads pulled punches on Trump
- Justin Timberlake will probably make bank off the Super Bowl
- How this year's Super Bowl dramatically reduced waste
- In Philly, party after Super Bowl win turns into looting, vandalism
- Nikki Haley is in total awe of Justin Timberlake's Super Bowl performance
- Justin Timberlake pays tribute to Prince during Super Bowl halftime
In the ad, Tyler races a 2018 Kia Stinger in reverse on a track that results in him emerging from the car decades younger to the strains of Aerosmith's 1973 hit "Dream On."
The commercial, which owes Tyler's younger visage to the wonders of CGI special effects, elicited quite a response from social media as did Kia's tagline "Feel something again."
"Not a KIA fan, but the Stinger commercial with Steven Tyler going back in time was the best one yet," one person tweeted.
Another tweet said, "Thinking about the commercial last night where Steven Tyler drive a Kia in reverse at over 60mph to revert back to a younger age because it implied life wasn't as good being older."
Tyler, who turns 70 in March, had a more positive view of the commercial.
"Sometimes to go forward...you have to take a few steps back," he tweeted before the Super Bowl. "I left a little message for you in my new #kiastinger...Listen closely."
Copyright 2018 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.