Food Lion Kitchen: Stuffed Peppers
Natalie & Larry introduce us to Rebecka Hutchins from Mallard's Catering in Roanoke. She started this business at just 16 years of age!
Here's her recipe:
Stuffed Peppers (Makes 5)
- 5 Large Green Peppers
- 2 ½ Cups Cooked Rice
- 1 ¾ Cups Cooked Sausage and Chicken Mix
- 1 ¾ Cups Marinara Sauce [(homemade recipe below). A jar of sauce also works].
- 2 Cups Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Extra marinara sauce for topping peppers, optional
Start by cutting the tops off of the green peppers and gutting the insides. Boil peppers in water for 5 minutes. Mix together your rice, chicken and sausage, and marinara sauce. Fill the peppers with the rice mixture and add extra marinara sauce to the top if desired. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until fully heated through. Add the mozzarella cheese to the top of the peppers and cook for additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Homemade Marinara Sauce (makes 4 cups)
- 3 ¼ Cups Tomato Sauce
- ½ Cup Water
- Small Onion
- 1 ½ tsp each of: Oregano, Parsley, Garlic Powder, and Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp each of: Salt and Pepper
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved