Daytime Kitchen: Apps & Cocktails
Natalie and Lindee start celebrating the New Year with easy appetizers and cocktails!
WARM BRIE WITH SPICED NUTS
- TASTE OF INSPRIATIONS BRIE
- ½ CUP OF PECANS
- 1/2 CUP OF FRESH CRANBERRIES
- TSP OF CINNAMON
- PINCH OF NUTMEG
- PINCH OF GINGER
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF FOOD LION BROWN SUGAR (OR MORE)
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF BUTTER
- RED WINESautee nuts, brown sugar and butter in skillet until toasted. Add cranberries and wine and spices. Cover pot for about 10 minutes until cranberries pop and soften. Serve with ginger snap cookies and granny smith apples.
3 Ingredient Blue Cheese Appetizer
- 1 (12 ounce) can Food lion Biscuits
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) Food lion salted butter
- 4 ounces Taste of Inspirations blue cheese crumbled
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a 9 inch pie plate.
Cut each biscuit into quarters and place in the pie plate with the butter. I like to toss the biscuits in the butter so that the sides of the biscuits get coated in butter. Sprinkle the blue cheese (feta or goat) over the biscuits. If desired sprinkle with fresh cilantro or parsley. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and bubbly. Watch closely!
Serve with toothpicks or mini appetizer forks.
1 bottle Prosecco,chilled
1 pint Food lion raspberry sherbet
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
Place 1-2 small scoops of raspberry sorbet in the bottom of each Champagne flute.
Carefully pour the Prosecco over the top of the sherbet.
Top each drink off with 2-3 fresh raspberries and serve.
Sugar Rimmed Berry Champagne
crème de cassis
Rainbow disco dust and sugar.
Mix sugar and disco dust on a plate. Dip rim of champagne glass in water then dip wet glass into sugar mix (similar to margarita salt rimmed glass,)
Fill quarter of glass with crème de cassis and top with prosecco. Garnish with fresh cranberries.
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved