Frankie Rowland's Kitchen: Pork Loin
Executive Chef, Ted Polfelt shares 419 West's recipe for pork loin.
1 3 1/2 to 4 pound pork loin roast
2 tablespoon EVO
1 cup chopped red onion
1 cup roughly chopped fennel bulb
4 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. bulk Italian Sausage
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
1 C Stale bread, cubed
1/4 cup chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Butterfly pork roast
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, fennel, and garlic and saute for three to four minutes until onions are translucent. Add sausage to onion mixture and break up with a spatula. Continue cooking until sausage is browning.
4. Add parsley, thyme, cherries, bread, salt and pepper , and chicken stock. Remove from heat and mix well.
5. Spread butterflied roast on a cutting board. Spoon stuffing over roast and spread evenly, leaving one inch border on two opposite ends. Starting at one end of the roast, roll away from you pressing firmly to create a tight roll. Continue rolling and end with the seam on the bottom. Secure by tying six or seven strands of kitchen twine around the roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and rub with a small amount of olive oil.
7. Cook roast at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Remove from oven and let REST for 10 minutes before slicing.
8. Slice roast and serve immediately.
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved