Natalie and Brittany are getting a preview of what to expect at the Deschutes Brewery Street Pub Roanoke, and getting a delicious recipe.
Here are the details:
When: Saturday August 27, 2-10 PM
Where: Elmwood Park & S. Jefferson St., Roanoke, VA
The ultimate craft beer block party, this 400-foot custom bar will be pouring beers from 60+ taps, including local guest taps from: Parkway Brewing Co., Chaos Mountain Brewing, Big Lick Brewing Co., Flying Mouse Brewery and Soaring Ridge Craft Brewers. 100% of proceeds from this event will go to charity. In Roanoke, primary nonprofit partners include Roanoke Outside Foundation, Blue Ridge Land Conservancy and Feeding America Southwest Virginia. Other partners include: Pathfinders for Greenways, Roanoke IMBA, Clean Valley Counsel, Leap for Local Food, Family Promise of Greater Roanoke, Bradley Free Clinic of Roanoke Valley, and 22 nonprofit organization participants in the event's booth area.
The event will not only feature an enormous amount of beer, but Deschutes Brewery's corporate executive chef, Jeff Usinowicz, is teaming up with local River & Rail Chef Aaron Deal and Fortunato Chef Jeff Farmer to create culinary delights to pair perfectly with said beers. Local, live music on two stages from bands such as My Radio, Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band, Place Called Home, Eternal Summers, Dharma Bombs, Floorboards, Funky Dawgz Brass Band and River Whyless will keep everyone dancing.
And there is more:
- VIP Lounge: DIY Network's Black Dog Salvage is our sponsor for the Lounge and will be providing custom antique furniture for the lounge. VIP Tickets are available for exclusive access to tastings and more: https://www.deschutesbrewery.com/events/streetpubroanoke/
- Deschutes Education Tent: Beer & Food Pairing Class, Off flavors seminar & Q&A with Deschutes
- Presales/Vacation packages: Available through http://reservations.visitvablueridge.com/package/info/8860/7179.
- Virginia Tech Pro-am Brewing Competition
The event is free for all ages, with tokens available for purchase for beer and food.
Fresh Squeezed Watermelon Ceviche Recipe:
- 1 lb White Fish (Halibut, Cod or similar) ¼ inch dice
- 1 lb Crab meat – cleaned
- 1 cup Small seedless watermelon – peeled ¼ inch dice
- 2 tbsp Fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Shallot, chopped fine
- ¼ cup Deschutes Brewery Fresh Squeezed IPA
- ½ cup Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ each Jalapeno – seeded/sliced paper thin
- 1 tbsp Fine sea salt