Daytime Kitchen: Infused Watermelon Salad and Watermelon Breeze
Joseph Dill makes a cocktail and salad perfect for summer.
ROANOKE – Joseph Dill joins Brittany and Kristina to make a watermelon cocktail and an infused watermelon salad. Here's the recipes:
Infused Watermelon Salad
· 1 seedless watermelon
· 1 Tablespoon Honey
· ½ ounce micro greens
· ½ ounce queso fresco
· 2 Tablespoons Minor’s Honey Citrus Pepper Sauce
1. Remove entire rind from watermelon. Split in half.
2. Take one half and cut into uniformed cubes. Place in a vacuum seal bag.
3. Take other half and puree in blend. Strain pulp
4. In small sauce pot combine watermelon juice and honey. Bring to a boil and reduce.
5. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes and reduce by 1/3. Set aside and cool
6. Pour liquid into bag with watermelon and vacuum seal bag according to product direction. Let set over night.
7. Place watermelon in dish, drizzle with Minor’s Honey Citrus Pepper sauce.
8. Top with micro greens and queso fresco.
· ½ tequila
· 1 ounce rum
· 1 tsp lime juice
· 4 ounces reduced watermelon juice
1. Combine all ingredients and shake with ice
2. Strain over ice and enjoy.
Copyright 2017 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.