ROANOKE – Kaitlin Classey from Fincastle Winery joins us to make Thai Pineapple Chicken Curry.
Here's the recipe:
Thai Pineapple Chicken Curry
· 2 cups Jasmine rice
· 1 ½ cup water
· 1/4 cup red curry paste
· 2 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
· 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut
· 3 tablespoons fish sauce
· 1/4 cup white sugar
· 1 1/2 cups sliced bamboo shoots, drained
· 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
· 1/2 green bell pepper, julienned
· 1/2 small onion, chopped
· 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
1. Put rice in a rice cooker and let it cook.
2. First step: Sautee the curry paste in vegetable oil, then add the meat. At this point, you're only cooking the paste and the chicken in oil. This "activates" the spices in the paste. After the meat starts to cook (about halfway done) add the coconut milk cook for a couple minutes.
3. Add fish sauce, sugar, and bamboo shoots. Bring to a boil.
4. Mix the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, bamboo shoots, and onion into the wok. Continue cooking 10 minutes, until chicken juices run clear and peppers are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in pineapple. Serve over the cooked rice.