ROANOKE – Texas Roadhouse is back to show us the tricks to 2 of their signature dishes.
Loaded Sweet Potato
Sweet Potato 1 ea
Marshmallows 1 Cup
Caramel Sauce 2 oz
· Once you cook your sweet potato make an cut in the top of the potato.
· Using oven mitts open the potato by pushing the ends toward the center.
· Place ½ the marshmallows into the sweet potato
· Pour 2 oz of your favorite caramel sauce over the marshmallows.
· Place the rest of the marshmallows over the caramel sauce.
· Put potato bake on an oven safe pan and put back in the oven on Broil.
· Remove from oven when marshmallows start to brown.
· Serve as soon as possible.
How to make Blossom Petals at Home
1½ cups flour
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar
Cut a medium onion in half, peel and place face down on counter
Cut onion into strips at about 1/2" across the onion
Batter: mix flour, cayenne, black and white pepper and sugar
Fill a small bowl with milk or buttermilk
Toss the onion strips in the flour, then the milk and then the flour again
Fry the petals in 1/2" of hot oil in a skillet, or bake in a 400 degree oven until crispy
Creamy Chili Sauce:
Combine 1 pint each mayonnaise and sour cream, ½ cup chili sauce and ½ tsp cayenne pepper. Optionally add ¼ C horseradish for extra kick.