Food blogger Christina Nifong joins Natalie and Brittany in the kitchen to make a Buddha bowl.
Here's the recipe:
• 1/2 cup uncooked grain, like rice, quinoa, barley or cous cous
• 3 cups fresh leafy green, like spinach, kale, Swiss chard or collard or
• 2 cups other vegetables. These can be anything from sautéed
mushrooms and onions to a roasted root vegetable medley to
marinated or fermented veggies such as roasted red peppers.
• 1 cup protein, think lentils, black beans, hard-boiled eggs, panroasted
tofu or even grilled chicken or fish
• Toppings (like crumbled feta, sliced almonds or a sprinkling of herbs
such as parsley or cilantro)
• 1/3-1/2 cup dressing
1 Begin by cooking your grain and protein in the best preparation style
suited for each. Set aside.
2 Chop greens into ribbons.
3 Prepare vegetables by sautéing, roasting, grilling or any other
4 Stir together dressing. (See below)
5 Assemble the Buddha Bowl, starting with the grains, then greens,
then protein, then toppings. Drizzle dressing over the entire bowl.
Tahini Salad Dressing
• 1/4 cup tahini
• 1 Tbsp maple syrup
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 2-4 Tbsp hot water to thin
1 In a mixing bowl, pour tahini, maple syrup and lemon juice together.
Whisk to combine. Add hot water until you reached your desired
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved