ROANOKE - Kaitlin Classey is back from Fincastle Winery with a Seasonal dish, Pan-Grilled Sausages with Apples
· 3 tablespoons butter
· 4 uncooked sausages cut in slices (Good quality sausages)
· 2 medium sweet onion, sliced then in half
· 2 to 3 medium-size semi-tart to tart apples, such as Honey Crisp or Granny Smith, peeled, cored, sliced
· ½ cup apple cider or apple juice
· ½ cup Chicken broth
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
· 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausages and cook until beginning to brown about ½ way cooked about 5 minutes. Add onion and apple to sausages in pan; cook until onion and apple are tender stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add apple cider and chopped sage; increase heat to high and stir until liquid is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Using slotted spoon, transfer onion and apples and sausages to a serving plate.
Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons butter into cider mixture. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle over sausages and serve.
Copyright 2017 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.