(CNN) - Every year the Academy Awards honors those in the industry who passed away -- and every year, the academy gets slammed for the stars who were left out.
This year, "Batman" star Adam West, singer Glen Campbell (who appeared in "True Grit" in 1969 and whose song "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" was nominated for an Oscar in 2015), Della Reese, Oscar-winning actress Dorothy Malone, Powers Boothe and Robert Guillaume were among those not seen in the video tribute.
- Showtime: The 90th Academy Awards
- On the red carpet at the 2018 Academy Awards
- Oscars: Most memorable political moments
- Frances McDormand champions female nominees, calls for inclusion riders
- Oscars tackle the serious without losing the fun
- Jet Ski winner Mark Bridges had the best Oscar night
- Oscar winners list: 'The Shape of Water' wins Best Picture
- Rita Moreno wore her 1962 Oscars dress again
- Jimmy Kimmel's best jokes and one-liners at the Oscars
- Common calls out Trump's 'hate,' NRA in Oscars performance
Twitter was not happy.
"Absolutely outrageous that the #Oscars missed out Adam West on their In Memoriam section," one person tweeted. "He redefined Batman, headlined the first Batman film and was a film star before that. He truly deserved to be there!"
'M*A*S*H' actor David Ogden Stiers, who did voice work in several Disney movies as well as appeared in a few Woody Allen films, died at the age of 75 the day before the Oscars and also was not included in the tribute.
CNN has reached out to the Academy for comment.
Copyright 2018 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.