Getting a pro makeup look is undoubtedly every girl's dream. We ferret out magazines, videos and books on makeup and purchase the most expensive cosmetics, along with makeup brushes. But when it comes to using those brushes and getting the look we want, many of us do not know how to properly use them.
What you need to know about the models and celebrities you see everyday in the media is that they're getting their makeup done by a pro makeup artist who has years of experience in the field so it isn't something that comes instantly. It is a slow process and you will definitely get better with time. Don't fret looking at those myriad makeup brushes and end up gifting it to your friend.
Here is all you need to know about them:
1. Foundation brush: This is a sleek brush used to apply or even out foundation on the face (quite palpable from the name itself). Apply dots of foundation on your face and sweep the brush outward towards your hairline for a perfect finish.
2. Beauty blender: This is usually a cute little sponge used to tone the skin perfectly. Use the broader side of the sponge all over your face towards outward to get a sleek finish.
3. Kabuki brush: The widest brush in your set is the kabuki brush. It is used for applying powders or bronzer on your face and also works well for any visible harsh line. Do remember to not powder your entire face with bronzer but only along your temple, hairline, cheekbone and jawline in a perfect 3 shape.
4. Powder brush: Yes, you can use kabuki for applying powder too but what if you are provided with one primarily for this purpose? It is a thick brush and used to apply loose powders onto the face. Make sure that too much powder do not smudge your foundation.
5. Angled blush brush: This angled brush is meant to highlight your cheekbones. Apply some blush on your cheeks and sweep the brush outwards.
6. Concealer brush: It is a thin brush used to cover blemishes or dark circles which are not covered by a foundation. Apply some concealer on the areas with the help of brush.
7. Eye shadow brush: As the name suggests it is used to apply eye shadow powder or cream for eye makeup.
8 . Brow comb: It is a two way brush used to give eyebrows a shape. Use the thick end to crease out the eyebrow and comb with another one after applying eyebrow pencil.
To know more about makeup brushes, check out www.loversarea.com
Distributed by LAKANA. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.