Coldilocks, the oldest polar bear in the U.S. died at the Philadelphia Zoo, WCAU reported.
The zoo euthanized her Monday after her health declined due to old age, WCAU reported.
- Family dons blindfolds to prepare for life with adopted dog
- Winter Olympics: Meet Lindsey Vonn's furry friends
- Dog food brands recalled over possible euthanasia drug
- Flynn the bichon frise named Westminster best in show
- Watching a baby octopus being born is mesmerizing
- Cat with 28 toes ties world record
- Tiger cub found in mail
- The bird flu is killing the Queen's swans
- Fiona the hippo picks team to win Super Bowl
- 'Mr. Kitty' missing at airport for 5 days
"We are truly saddened this week -- Coldilocks will be greatly missed,” zoo COO Andy Baker told WCAU.
In December, Coldilocks turned 37, 14 years beyond the average lifespan of a polar bear, WCAU reported.
Distributed by LAKANA. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.