A dog was abandoned in a pickup truck for several days in Milwaukee, WTMJ reported.
Police rescued the animal this week, WTMJ reported. There was no food or water in the cold vehicle.
More Pets News
- Olympic snowboarder narrowly misses squirrel
- General Mills to buy Blue Buffalo pet food for $8 billion
- Alabama pets targeted in killings
- Police free kitten stuck in garbage disposal
- Man dies trying to rescue his dog from cliff
- Oldest polar bear in US dies
- Family dons blindfolds to prepare for life with adopted dog
- Winter Olympics: Meet Lindsey Vonn's furry friends
- Dog food brands recalled over possible euthanasia drug
- Flynn the bichon frise named Westminster best in show
The pit bull is OK, and will be put up for adoption in five days if he is not claimed, WTMJ reported.
According to police, the owner could face animal cruelty charges, WTMJ reported.
"Our concern is that this person has an issue with the way they need to care for their pet which means they need help," Libby Gutting, medical director of Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission, told WTMJ.
Distributed by LAKANA. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.