GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The Gainesville Police Department is no stranger to going viral on social media, but this latest case takes the cake.
A Sunday selfie of three officers on the department's Facebook page has lit up with comments on the officers' looks, and it's gotten to the point that the agency had to address them all.
The original post simply stated: "Officers Nordman, Hamill and Rengering...part of the night crew getting ready to do some work."
The update goes on to add:
"1. We are dying with the comments. You've actually made our chief blush with some of them.
2. MRS. Nordman and MRS. Hamill have also enjoyed knowing how millions of women are going crazy over their husbands.
3. We can confirm that Officer Rengering (far right with the amazing hair) IS SINGLE.
4. On another note, Officer Rengering is being placed into Cougar Prey Protective Care, similar to the witness protection program for his safety.
5. Please do not call 9-1-1 and request this group respond to your "incident"
6. There WILL be a calendar."
And, apparently, the calendar will be released quickly with all proceeds donated to Hurricane Irma relief in Florida.
- Gainesville police rebuke President Trump's remarks with viral tweet
- Gainesville cops' decision to apply tourniquet may have saved life
Copyright 2017 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.