Bedford Co. School Board passes $106M budget for 2016
BEDFORD (WSLS 10) - The Bedford County School Board said it approved a $106,585,865 budget for fiscal year 2016 on Tuesday.
The budget includes local funding of $40,677,122. The school board said the budget dramatically improves support to students, their families, and the community by taking advantage of recent increases to state and federal funding, as well as large decreases to major expenditure categories.
In a news release, the board said highlights of the proposed budget include:
- Providing a 4.75% cost of living increase to employees
- Maintaining current class sizes, while increasing support to Title I schools
- Making necessary investments in our technology infrastructure
- Restoring local funding for capital maintenance to FY 2014 levels
- Implementing many of the recommendations of the school efficiency review
- Recognizing savings from school consolidations, lower fuel costs, and other areas
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved