Drier fire injures one deputy, causes $5,000 damage at Roanoke jail
ROANOKE (WSLS 10) - Fire and rescue crews crowded Campbell Ave. Monday evening in downtown Roanoke.
The 300 block of Campbell Avenue was closed Monday around 7:00 p.m. after a drier fire sparked at the Roanoke City Jail Annex.
One deputy was taken to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for smoke inhalation. Damage estimates are around $5,000.
Smoke could be seen and smelled in the area. At first, Roanoke City police said they were unsure of whether the smoke and the fire alarm at the jail were related. They later said the drier fire was the cause of both.
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved