Associated Press – DANVILLE (WSLS 10) - A woman and six children are without a home in Danville after a fire damaged most of their kitchen.
The fire happened at 8:23 p.m. Tuesday, June 16 at a residence located along Paxton Street.
Fire officials say upon arrival, they found smoke pushing from windows on the left side of the home and fire visible inside. Crews quickly confirmed that everyone was out of the house.
Fire damage was contained to the kitchen with smoke damage throughout the home. Officials say a mother and six children were living inside the house and are now being assisted by the Red Cross.
Crews say the cause of the fire was a pot left unattended on the stove.