Empty townhouse catches fire Saturday in Roanoke
ROANOKE CO. (WSLS10) – A townhouse caught fire in Roanoke County late Saturday night.
Roanoke County Fire & Rescue was dispatched to the 3000 block of Kelly Lane at about 9:30 p.m. When the first crew arrived at the townhouse they say flames were coming from the front of the townhouse.
Residents from the neighboring units were evacuated. Volunteer and career firefighters from the Cave Spring and Clearbrook stations had the flames knocked down in about fives minutes.
No one was currently living in the home. The Deputy Fire Marshal has determined that improperly discarded smoking material in the areas of the front porch sparked the flames. The flames then spread to the siding of the townhouse.
Damage estimates are $4,000.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved