33ºF

Woods Ave. fire likely caused by overloaded power strip

(Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved)

ROANOKE (WSLS 10) - Crews with Roanoke Fire-EMS responded to reports of a structure fire Tuesday afternoon in the City.

Firefighters arrived on the scene at 12:41 p.m. Tuesday, August 18 at 361 Woods Avenue SW - near Franklin Road. They found smoke coming from the home.

The residence was split into 6 individual units. Crews said the fire appeared to come from an overloaded power strip.

Two units had smoke, water and fire damage. Two residents were displaced. No injuries were reported and damage estimates were approximately $30,000.