37ºF

Happy Acres house fire likely started in HVAC wiring

(Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved)

MONETA (WSLS 10) - The Bedford County Fire Marshal said fire that destroyed a home on Happy Acres Drive likely started in the wiring of the home's HVAC condenser unit.

The Monday evening fire caused heavy smoke, which could be seen several miles. This fire loss was estimated at $275,000 for the boat, house, shed and all contents.

Bedford Co. dispatchers said 18 units were responded to the scene. No one was injured in the fire. The Fire Marshal said the cause had not been determined.