3 children, 2 adults escape house fire in Danville
DANVILLE (WSLS 10) - Three children and two adults are OK after a fire heavily damaged the attic of their home.
The Danville Fire Department says the fire happened at 12:10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 735 Grove Street.
Upon arrival, firefighters saw heavy fire on the back side of the home.
The homeowner told crews someone had been beating on their door to let them know their house was on fire.
Most of the fire was in the attic, fire officials say. Crews had to work through two ceilings to get to it. The fire was under control in about 20 minutes.
The five people inside the home are being assisted by family at this time.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire was an overloaded electrical system in the house.
Crews remained on scene for two hours.
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved