Lexington Fire Department investigating two separate fires
LEXINGTON (WSLS 10) - The City of Lexington Fire Department is investigating two separate fires that happened on Wednesday, February 10th.
The first happened at 201 North Randolph Street.
According to fire officials, all residents of the apartment building were Washington and Lee University students.
The fire department said improperly discarded smoking materials most likely caused the fire, which started on a wooden exterior staircase on the side of the building.
There was no evidence indicating the fire was intentionally set.
The Lexington Fire Department also responded to a chimney fire Wednesday night.
It happened at a residence in the 200 block of Fuller Street.
The fire was contained to the chimney and extinguished by crews on the scene.
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved