611 returns to Roanoke for weekend excursion
RONOAKE (WSLS 10) - The "Spirit of Roanoke" steams home to the Star City this weekend.
The Virginia Museum of Transportation is expecting a sell-out crowd of almost 800 people on Saturday, April 23.
The 611 will leave from Greensboro at 7 a.m. Saturday morning and is expected to arrive at the transportation museum in Roanoke at about noon.
Walker Nelms, with the museum, said riders will then have three hours to tour the Roanoke Valley.
"This is a real good economic boost for the city of Roanoke, for the restaurants, for the shops around the market," said Nelms. "I think it's going to be very impressive for the folks that come from Greensboro up here as to what a wonderful city we have here and what a wonderful valley we have."
As of mid-day Friday only a handful of tickets were left for the excursion. Tickets are still available for Sunday's trip from Greensboro to Roanoke.
611 Schedule for the weekend:
- 7:00 AM Depart Greensboro, milepost 287
- 7:45 AM Reidsville, milepost 260
- 8:40 AM Danville, milepost 236
- 9:30 AM Gretna, milepost 208
- 10:00 AM Hurt, milepost 197
- 10:25 AM Huddleston, milepost V-210
- 11:15 AM Goodview, milepost V-227
- 12:00 PM Roanoke
- 3:00 PM Depart Roanoke
- 3:45 PM Goodview, milepost V-227
- 4:35 PM Huddleston, milepost V-210
- 5:00 PM Hurt, milepost 197
- 5:30 PM Gretna, milepost 208
- 6:20 PM Danville, milepost 236
- 7:15 PM Reidsville, milepost 260
- 8:00 PM Greensboro
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved