73ºF

Danville fire started in bathroom ceiling

photo
(Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved)

DANVILLE (WSLS 10) - The Danville Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire shortly before 1 a.m. Thursday in the 200 block of West Main Street.

Upon arrival units found a small fire in the ceiling of a bathroom that had extended into the attic. Crews were able to contain the damage to the area of origin and damage was minimal. The cause of the fire was a shorted exhaust fan that ignited structural materials in the attic.

Three engines, a ladder truck, one safety unit and a command unit responded. Crews were on the scene for approximately one and a half hours. No injuries were reported.