33ºF

Kids playing with cigarette lighter cause Danville house fire

photo
(Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved)

DANVILLE (WSLS 10) - The Danville Fire Department says children playing with a cigarette lighter caused a fire Wednesday afternoon.

When crews responded to the fire at 1327 Glenn Street, everyone was already outside of the building and crews were able to extinguish it quickly.

The Danville Lifesaving Crew transported one person with fire-related injuries to the Danville Regional Medical Center.

Crews were at the scene for about an hour and the home did not sustain much damage.