20ºF

Man transported to hospital following Danville house fire

photo
(Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved)

DANVILLE (WSLS 10) - The Danville Fire Department responded to a house fire at 719 E. Green St. at 1:25 Sunday morning.

Fire crews extinguished the blaze and did not find anyone inside while they searched the home.

The Danville Fire Department said after the search was completed, a man told crews he had been inside the house and requested to be transported to Danville Regional Medical Center.

He was transported with a non-life threatening injury.

The fire was started in the kitchen and the cause was electrical, according to the department.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist the home's two residents.