MARTINSVILLE (WSLS 10) - Several law enforcement agencies in the Martinsville area conducted a narcotics warrant sweep, which resulted in nine arrests.
On Monday, November 7, a Martinsville Grand Jury met and handed down 62 indictments. Of those, 28 were related to the distribution of illegal drugs. Those 28 indictments on 10 individuals were sealed by the Martinsville Circuit Court until the individuals could be arrested.
, members of the Martinsville Police Department, Henry County Sheriff's Office, Patrick County Sheriff's Office, the Virginia State Police, the United States Marshal's Service, the Martinsville Sheriff's Office and the Martinsville Henry County 911 Center set out to make the arrest on the narcotics warrants.
The police department thanked the community and all of the law enforcement agencies who assisted in this operation.
"The public is the one providing us with the information that's then leading to our investigations to make this possible," Martinsville Police Department Cpt. Robert Fincher emphasized.
Currently, 25 of the 28 indictments have been served on nine people. Below are those nine, listed with their charges:
- Marvin Redd
- Possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana and distributing cocaine
- Three counts of selling marijuana and three counts of selling cocaine
- Possession of cocaine and two counts of possession of meth
- Possession of a Schedule I drug and Possession of a Schedule II drug
- Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
- Distribution or marijuana (less than a half ounce), four counts of distribution of cocaine and two counts of distribution of marijuana (greater than a half ounce)
- Possession of a Schedule III drug and possession of a Schedule IV drug
- Distribution of marijuana
- Distribution of cocaine (third offense) and probation violation
Additional charges are forthcoming as the arrests lead to the recovery of additional narcotics and weapons.
These indictments were a result of the Martinsville Police Department's continuing effort to fight the distribution of illegal drugs.