55ºF

Apartment fire in Roanoke causes $50,000 in damages

ROANOKE (WSLS 10) - Crews responded to an apartment fire in the 500 block of Walnut Avenue Southeast in Roanoke on Wednesday morning.

Crews say the fire happened on the first level of Walnut Knoll Apartments and no injuries have been reported.

The call was received in at about 9:26 a.m. and was under control by 9:57 a.m.

One person was inside when the fire happened crews say, but the person was able to get out by the time rescue arrived.

The fire started in the bedroom of a first floor apartment and was contained to that apartment.

The cause of the fire was smoking materials.

Damage estimates are approximately $50,000.

Crews are on scene of an apartment fire in the 500 block of Walnut Ave., SE.

Posted by Roanoke FireEMS Department on Wednesday, January 25, 2017