One person sent to hospital in Diamond Hill Animal Hospital fire
The seven animals inside are safe.
LYNCHBURG, Va. – UPDATE
The employee who had to go to the hospital for smoke inhalation has been released, according to the co-owner of Diamond Hill Animal Hospital.
Firefighters responded to the Diamond Hill Animal Hospital in Lynchburg Wednesday morning.
A caller reported there was smoke coming out of the building at 7:51 a.m. When crews arrived, they found fire coming out of a dryer.
One employee had to be taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Two dogs and five cats were in the hospital but all are safe.
The fire is out now. Officials have not determined what caused it yet.
Copyright 2017 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.