DANVILLE, Va. – The Danville Fire Department responded to a propane explosion that injured one person Wednesday morning.
It happened around 8:45 a.m. at AMA Metal & Auto Recycling, which is located on Halifax Road.
Authorities say a liquid petroleum gas tank that was beneath a pile of debris ruptured, causing a fire.
The fire department received a call about smoke at the recycling facility at 8:52 a.m. When firefighters responded, the fire had already been extinguished.
One person has a minor injury.
Firefighters are still at the facility to monitor the situation.